      From: classicrv@yahoogroups.com [mailto:classicrv@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Jabba Truck
      Sent: Tuesday, October 08, 2013 8:51 AM
      To: classicrv@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [classicrv] RE: RE: Re: Advise on buying a Older RV

      Some of it is sort of random with the adjuster, but I've also had things go the other way--they gave me over $500 for a piece of trim I was able to find used for $100, for example, and my dad got $3k for 5 square feet of damage to a door and quarter panel that he got back to "20 footer" condition in two afternoons with $100 worth of bondo and spraypaint.

      But adding a $3000 paint job to a 200,000 mile minivan is not going to increase its value by anywhere near that amount, and no insurance company is going to pay you what you paid for it, especially after the paint job has had a year or two to depreciate.  Your best move might be to drop the collision and comprehensive coverage, save the difference in premiums towards a replacement vehicle, then be extra careful to avoid damage anyway.

      If your carport blew over in a storm, that would be covered on your homeowner's policy.  These days, deductibles are pretty high.  You would probably end up eating the whole claim unless the storm caused additional damage.
    • Show all 40 messages in this topic