38832RE: RE: [classicrv] RE: Painting fiberglass?

  • kb5drl
    Sep 2, 2013
      Yeah, what he said.  Only, on my fiberglass top, I rolled on Rusteoluem marine paint, did a great job, covered fiberglass ends, smoothed out (self leveling) on its own, don't even know there are or were loose ends. $14.95 a quart, took 1 quart for first coat and a little over a half quart for second quart, might just go ahead and paint the whole van with this and a roller as you can't tell the roof was done with a roller.              cuzzin dick

      --- In classicrv@yahoogroups.com, <classicrv@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Is it deteriorated all the way through, or just loose strands? If not all

      the way through, try running some sandpaper across it and see if it knocks

      off the loose ends and smoothes it out...if yes, tape off the aluminum and

      spray paint it to seal it back up again...

      Otherwise, you'll probably need to figure out a way to replace it...is it

      riveted together? Might just have to drill them out to get it replaced...

      Wesley