38830RE: Painting fiberglass?

  • red2dog45
    Sep 1, 2013
      Would like to repair/replace the fiberglass front window cover in my 1976 Terry trailer. The outer side is very deteriorated, with the glass strands sticking out 3/4". Thought of just replacing the fiberglass panel, but it it is sandwiched between two aluminum frames pressed together with no way to separate them. Any ideas? --- In classicrv@yahoogroups.com, <cloudnine233@...> wrote: Painting fiberglass is EASY!

      PATIENCE!!

      I have painted many boats with one part paints - easier to repair an almost
      all of the longevity of the two parts. "Tip and Roll" method

      Fair the area with West Systems - sanded up to 220 slick, then primer (sand)
      and paint (couple of coats)

      - Use all products from the same manufacturer - thinners, etc - I use
      Interlux

      You can put a finish on a boat that will last 10 years in FL sun and survive
      hurricanes. as well as touch up with a small brush if needed. and shave in
      it.

      cid:1306005104.11102.0.camel@blue

      Angel & Stu

      "It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to
      embrace the new. But there is no real security in what is no longer
      meaningful. There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in
      movement there is life, and in change there is power." Alan Cohen