38717Re: tire switch

  • antiqbob
    Jul 15, 2013
      --- In classicrv@yahoogroups.com, carl Andersson <andersson.carl@...> wrote:

      > Hello,
      >     Has anyone switched there tires on a 1987 chevy small Rv?Mine came with 800X16.5 tires..

      Carl,
      Your problem is the 16.5 part.. What you need to do is to search thru your local wrecking yard for a set of 16 inch Chevy wheels. They were found on Stepvans, motorhomes, trucks. The 16 inch wheels and tires are available.
      My stepvan had 700X16 tires which then became 235X85X16 (which indicates a tire 8 ply or better) and I think have now been available as a 245X75X16... But you may have to check to see how many plys they are.

      The 16.5 are really getting scarce... As they have not been in production of quite a while.
      One of the obstacles is the distance inbetween the rear duals.. You need to have room between the dual tires.

      Good luck
      antiqbob
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic