      From: orioneer <JosephusMinimus@...>
      To: classicrv@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Wednesday, June 19, 2013 9:15 AM
      Subject: [classicrv] Re: 1978 Holiday Rambler - Econoline chassis

      Bill - Unless they've changed what they do, DIE HARD uses the same
      plates and separaters in the cells as all the other medium-to-high
      priced batteries. Probably the internal components are all manufactured
      in the same factory in China or somewhere, sold to all the battery
      manufacturing plants of all brands, same components.

      All DIE HARD did to make the batteries hotter was lower the PH of the
      acid, giving it further to go before it loses everything.

      The only problem was the lower PH reduces the life of the plates more
      quickly than happens with a higher PH. Lowering the PH without
      thickening the plates equals plates eaten from zero-to-sixty a lot
      sooner than a person might wish.

      Just saying. Jack

      --- In classicrv@yahoogroups.com, Bill Miller wrote:

      > I don't know what kind of batteries you have seen or where in
      stores,but I have several rental boats and several trolling motors.I use
      DIE HARD batteries EXCLUSIVELY . I use deep cycle for the trolling
      motors and regular marine starting batteries for the rental boats. I
      have never seen a deep cycle labeled as a Marine Starting battery, and I
      have never seen a Marine Starting battery labeled as DEEP CYCLE.