38677Re: 1978 Holiday Rambler - Econoline chassis

  • RogerD
    Jun 19, 2013
      DieHard Marine Deep Cycle/RV batteries are not true deep cycle, but hybrid dual purpose types. Of easy to find brands Exide and Interstate (6V only) do sell true deep cycle. Other premium true deep cycle brands (like Trojan) are harder to find and a lot more expensive.

      Don't know where the components are made, but Johnson Controls makes a large percentage of private label batteries. Interstate, DieHard, and many of the auto parts stores. Walmart even lists them on top of every battery!

      http://bestbatterytips.com/tags/who-makes-interstate-batteries/

      --- In classicrv@yahoogroups.com, "orioneer" <JosephusMinimus@...> wrote:

      > Bill - Unless they've changed what they do, DIE HARD uses the same
      > plates and separaters in the cells as all the other medium-to-high
      > priced batteries. Probably the internal components are all manufactured
      > in the same factory in China or somewhere, sold to all the battery
      > manufacturing plants of all brands, same components.
      >
      > All DIE HARD did to make the batteries hotter was lower the PH of the
      > acid, giving it further to go before it loses everything.
      >
      > The only problem was the lower PH reduces the life of the plates more
      > quickly than happens with a higher PH. Lowering the PH without
      > thickening the plates equals plates eaten from zero-to-sixty a lot
      > sooner than a person might wish.
      >
      > Just saying. Jack
      >
      > --- In classicrv@yahoogroups.com, Bill Miller wrote:
      > >
      > > I don't know what kind of batteries you have seen or whereƂ in
      > stores,but I have several rental boats and several trolling motors.I use
      > DIE HARD batteries EXCLUSIVELY . I use deep cycle for the trolling
      > motors and regular marine starting batteries for the rental boats. I
      > have never seen a deep cycle labeled as a Marine Starting battery, and I
      > have never seen a Marine Starting battery labeled as DEEP CYCLE.
      > >
      > > mainiac bill

    • Show all 29 messages in this topic