38652Re: 1976 pawnee

  • mcolie
    Jun 10, 2013
      Corby,

      If what you are describing is correct, it is bad and and should be changed.

      The only thing that should be connected to the engine battery is the engine (maybe the dash radio). Everything else should be run from the house battery. That way you can't leave a light on and then not be able to start up in the morning.

      Someone else corrected the nomenclature for inverter and converter. Look at the tag more closely, it says input 6.0 amps. It is supposed power all the 12V stuff when you have shore power available. It is also supposed to charge the house battery when that is needed.

      Matt

      --- In classicrv@yahoogroups.com, "corby g" <cguillett@...> wrote:

      > Took the Pawnee for a weekend adventure..A little trouble to start didnt want to stay running, was putting sea foam and carb cleaner and staight gas in carb to get started. Figured on nice ride would clean it out, seemed to work, put over 100 miles on with multiple stops and an overnight and fired up just fine. Maybe just some old gas and the carb needing to get worked and loosened up. One thing I noticed on the rv was the interior lights in the camper and sleeping area seem to run off engine battery and the rv water pump runs off the back battery and the wall plugs only work when plugged in. Is that right? And what does my inverter do(Converter Systems INC) model CS-840 serial no 3430 part no600-20-056 input current 60 amps ac input voltage 120 volts ac output current 40 amps-DC
      > outbuts voltage 12.6 volts DC. What does inverter run and is there a manual for it?

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic