      From: skatingtoolman@... <skatingtoolman@...>
      Subject: [classicrv] '76 GMC won't start after winter
      To: classicrv@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Saturday, June 1, 2013, 12:54 PM

      I purchased a '76 GMC RV last year and the starter always engaged prior to putting it up for the winter. I winterized my RV for the winter. All was fine. I took the engine battery out and kept it on a trickle charge. The battery is fully charged. The shore battery to run all of the other electrical items appears to have been dead for quite some time, so I simply removed it.
      My question is:
      -Is the shore battery (probably calling it the wrong thing) required in order to start the engine?

      I know that the engine battery is good, because all of the normal electrical items like radio, lights and wipers work when running off of it. I even tried jumping the battery, but still no noise from the starter.

      Are the starters in these known to go bad if not used for 6 months?