38402Re: Lets talk about overheating problems

  • randy lee
    Feb 13, 2013
      As I remember the fan was an odd size, not very common now. I have seen too small of fan on these models, but if it original fan that can't be the problem. You could try a direct drive (no clutch) fan. With a direct drive fan, you need to get the fan close to the Radiator. Too large of space between the fan and the radiator make for overheating.
       Often heat is transferred to the Carb from the intake manifold, you could try a plastic carb riser to block the heat from transferring (see summit or Jegs). I agree with the Transmission cooler, that always a good idea on a motor home.The 360 is a solid engine, and unless you have a HUGE motor home, the 360 should be fine. I think overheating is a bigger problem with the 440 anyway.
      Good Luck!