38353Re: [classicrv] Re: thoughts needed on furnace issue

  • Warren
    Feb 8, 2013
      I can understand the desire for a new furnace if necessary. Parts
      availability and warranty.
      But, my budget wouldn't allow for a new furnace, so..... i opted for used
      that worked.

      From what I understand. The furnace technology has not changed much in the
      last 40 years.
      My old furnace from the 70s...has an electronic ignition. No pilot light.
      it works great....for now. Only issue I have had was when it would not
      ignite...due to propane pressure was to low. Adjusted the regulator and it
      works fine...then it failed again only to find my regulator is bad.
      Pressure to low again. Over time I have had to adjust the regulator about
      3 or 4 times. That is why I know it is bad. Just won't hold a constant
      pressure. All other appliances work just fine but the furnace, by design,
      is sensitive to improper propane pressure.
      Got a new regulator, just haven't put it in yet. Hope to do that in the
      next few weeks.