38317thoughts needed on furnace issue

  • Sirrobyn0
    Feb 4, 2013
      With my late winter camping trip coming up about a month from now I went out to the old rv over this weekend and discovered that the furnace is acting up I was hoping to get some thoughts from you guys. My motor home is 1977 dodge flair class c. The furnace is a duo therm. The problem is that the blower fan has gone out it spins a little bit and makes a lot of noise but doesn't really blow any air.

      I have found a blower motor that might work for a replacement but since duo therm parts haven't been made in years it is hard to say for sure until I order it and it gets here will set me back about $125

      The one thing I have never liked about the furnace is it is on the right side of the rv so the exhaust dumps into the area where our add a room is. Maybe now is a good time to buy a new furnace and install it on the left side so it exhausts on the opposite side.

      What I am hoping for is a little feedback here.

      Is the old duo therm worth putting a motor in if I can find one?

      Would I be better off in the long run to replace the furnace with a new unit that would have things like electric start and no standing pilot light? And would be new and reliable?

      Would it be worth my time and energy to move the furnace to the other wall to avoid exhaust emissions in the add a room area?

      I am open to any thoughts

      Thanks
      Rob
    • Show all 24 messages in this topic