35801Re: [classicrv] Re: New to group, just got an 87 Windcruiser

  • Joyce
    Sep 8, 2011
      Wow, you make me feel even more lucky. Ours had the mechanics already gone through, new belts, tires, batteries etc. Our interior was a mess, and had unknown on appliances and systems. Turned out everything worked, so just interior. We put on an hdtv antenna today. We live 60 miles from the nearest rv station. Surprisingly we got 15 channels. We can get the big. Iowa vs Iowa State game while camping this weekend. Joyce

      Sent from my U.S. Cellular® Android phone

      David S <dgapilot@...> wrote:

      >Finally going to pick it up tomorrow. The RV place where it is is going to charge $700 to put new belts on. I guess it could be worse, but it sure but a dent in the fix up budget!
      >
      >--- In classicrv@yahoogroups.com, Joyce <firstladygolly@...> wrote:
      >>
      >> Congratulations on your new toy. There are lots of smart people here that can give you advise. Joyce
      >>
      >> Sent from my U.S. Cellular® Android phone
      >>
      >> David S <dgapilot@...> wrote:
      >>
      >> >Hi, I just got an '87 Itasca Windcruiser 37RQ yesterday. I like it, but I'm already thinking I may have gotten someone elses headache. Picked it up about 160 mikles from home, and started home with it. Made it about 40 miles and heard "BANG". Steering got stiff, and brakes got mushy along with temp going up. Looks like I blew all the belts. Fortunatly there was an RV place on that exit off I-95 and it's in their shop now. Hopefully the belts blew because I turned on the air and the compressor seized up, and not something worse. I'm guessing it will cost me about $500 just to get the belts changed so I can get this thing home and start to work on it.
      >> >
      >> >Things it will need - new headliner, generator repaired, new front shocks, and God knows what else.
      >> >
      >> >After I limped it to the RV service place, I noticed that the suspension was sagging. Would this be from not enough battery power left to keep the rear tag axle inflated? Just hope I don't have more issues before I can get it home.

    • Show all 24 messages in this topic