35778New to group, just got an 87 Windcruiser

  • David S
    Sep 1, 2011
      Hi, I just got an '87 Itasca Windcruiser 37RQ yesterday. I like it, but I'm already thinking I may have gotten someone elses headache. Picked it up about 160 mikles from home, and started home with it. Made it about 40 miles and heard "BANG". Steering got stiff, and brakes got mushy along with temp going up. Looks like I blew all the belts. Fortunatly there was an RV place on that exit off I-95 and it's in their shop now. Hopefully the belts blew because I turned on the air and the compressor seized up, and not something worse. I'm guessing it will cost me about $500 just to get the belts changed so I can get this thing home and start to work on it.

      Things it will need - new headliner, generator repaired, new front shocks, and God knows what else.

      After I limped it to the RV service place, I noticed that the suspension was sagging. Would this be from not enough battery power left to keep the rear tag axle inflated? Just hope I don't have more issues before I can get it home.
    • Show all 24 messages in this topic