34736Re: Winter Water Use - it had to happen

  • BobP
    Mar 4, 2011
      Matt,

      LOL!

      I was a remodeling contractor for quite a few years and I was amazed sometimes. The long life energy efficient bulb "almost" makes some sort of sense! To be honest, I've certainly done sillier things. Thanks!

      Bob

      --- In classicrv@yahoogroups.com, "mcolie" <mattcolie@...> wrote:

      > A single mother friend lives in a "manufactured home" (read trailer), and her water meter was in an insulated box. Now that her daughters have moved out, she does not use enough water to keep it warm and it froze up last year.
      >
      > There is an outlet in the box, so last year I put a clamp light with a 70watt bulb in the box and she was good for the winter.
      >
      > She called in the early fall to say that it had frozen again, but the light was on.
      >
      > I went to look at the situation and . . .
      > Are you ready???
      >
      > She had replace the bulb with a CFL......
      >
      > I wish I could make up stuff like this and sell it.
      >
      > Matt
    • Show all 14 messages in this topic