33603Re:brake bleeding

  • Doug
    May 1, 2010
      older rv.s with remote vacuum boosters basically have 2 hydraulic systems, and use the pedal operated master cylinder to operate the remote master cylinder mounted on the remote vacuum booster. you MUST fill and bleed the first master and slave cylinder FIRST, then fill the booster master cyl and then bleed the wheels. both of these have seperate reservoirs then must be kept full also.
      you can get a hand operated vacuum pump with a brake bleeder kit for about 30-40 bucks, at wal-mart or harbor freight tools, or most auto parts stores. the one bad thing about using a vacuum punp is that it will suck air around the bleeder screw after you loosen it. i still prefer to have someone pump the brakes while i bleed the fittings.