      > lidon90
      >     Date: Sun Jan 3, 2010 4:21 am ((PST))
      > We recently bought a 1975 Dodge Sportsman motorhome.
      > It ran ok when we brought it home. I took it on it's first
      > voyage to see my parents for the holidays.  It worked
      > fine until yesterday.  Now nothing happens when I turn
      > the key.  My nephew thinks it is the starter
      > solenoid.  Are there any repair manuals for these
      > things?  Where is the starter solenoid and how would I
      > know if it is the problem?  If it is where do I get
      > another?
      I had a Dodge motorhome about the same age which lost all power to the dashboard/lights/engine ect. The problem was caused by a bad connection at the ammeter in the guage cluster. The problem was caused by a cardboard spacer on the back which had disentegrated, allowing the connections to become loose. I believe what I did was make a new spacer out of similar cardboard, it took care of the problem.
    • Show all 15 messages in this topic