      From: K Gibbs <vze33jqj@...>
      To: classicrv@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Mon, January 4, 2010 11:19:27 AM
      Subject: [classicrv] Re:1975 dodge sportsman motorhome

      Hi....I'm Ken in Spfld, Ma. I've got a 73 sportscoach. Try to keep your troubleshooting approach simple. Here's some suggestions:
      Does the battery have a juice? If no, maybe you left something on. If yes, then check this list out:
      1. Alot of times the battery cable(s) are the problem. Just take the clamps off the battery posts and clean them good with a wire brush or jack knife. Check your ground connection to the engine.
      2. The connection at the starter is prone to getting loose, corrosion or oil dripping and loses connectivity. By the way, how was the starter-nice and fast, or slow? They do wear out after time.
      3. Check out the suggestions from other folks. Everyone here seems pretty knowledgeable, mostly through experience via necsessity.
      Be sure and let us know what happens. We all learn from these posts.

      Thanks, Good luck, and Happy New Year.
      Ken