33027Re: 1974 sportscoach. Need escape hatch lid replacement

  • PennyT
    Dec 1, 2009
      --- In classicrv@yahoogroups.com, "horse5950" <beccaben@...> wrote:
      > Hi, I recently purchased a 1974 Sportscoach motorhome. In the bathroom ceiling I have what appears to be a 26"X26" escape hatch. The plastic lid is shot and needs to be replaced. No where on the unit is it listed the brand name, which is making it impossible to order a replacement lid. but since I must order a replacement on line I need to know which I have. Thank You.

      On a coach of that vintage, you need to take the whole thing off the roof and redo it with new butyl putty anyway. Once you have it off, you can see if it has a brand name, or what will fit. The hinge configuration is the key. The frame, and/or surrounding area might be shot, so you might have to buy a whole new one, best to find out now, not later.
      There are lots of online places to order, or even eBay. You can also send a picture of the old one with the order. You are having to cover it with plastic, now, so you can do that again while you wait for the new one.
      Happy Trails, Penny, TX
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic