32629Re: Fuel pumps

  • kdmiller003
    Sep 2, 2009
      I asked at the bottom of my post if anyone knew if Holiday Rambler offered a dual fuel option of propane/gas in 1984. After doing some research I discovered that they indeed did offer such an setup and my new to me HR has that installed. I just don't know how or if I want to use it. There is no paperwork with the MH on it. Does anyone know anything about running a motorhome on propane?

      --- In classicrv@yahoogroups.com, "kdmiller003" <dmiller_nowlin@...> wrote:

      > I just bought a 1984 Holiday Rambler Imperial 33ft. On the drive back to my house, which was over 100 miles, the engine cut out with out warning. I would be driving along at 60 and then it just quit. It would start back up again and eventually we got it home. Looking at the carb, we discovered that it was not getting enough fuel. We located a loose wire on the fuel pump just below the carb, but even fixing that didn't improve things much. Are there other fuel pumps along the line and where are they located. Is there one in the gas tank?
      >
      > On another note, on the dash there is a gauge for propane. It gives the impression that the engine can run on propane. Was that an option in 1984?

    • Show all 15 messages in this topic