      From: Jon Bush Sr.
      To: classicrv@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Friday, August 01, 2008 10:18 PM
      Subject: [classicrv] Re: well i been thinking it over

      I have a gear vendor installed in an E350 long wheel base 89 Ford
      van, 460 EFI V8. My gear vendor is a 22% overdrive. When I was using
      it to tow trailers, I could use the gear vendor to 'split' the 3
      speed automatic transmission gears going up hills when necessary. The
      gear vendor replaces the stardard automatic transmission tailshaft
      and a new shortened drive shaft is installed. It is my understanding
      that used gear vendors can be modified for any vehicle for about one-
      third the cost of a new installation. My gear vendor installation 5
      years ago was about $4K.

      Jon

      --- In classicrv@yahoogroups.com, "Tom K" <tkoro@...> wrote:

      > Gear Vender units have been out for many years now, so I wonder if
      it's possible to find a used Gear Vender unit somewhere.

      > Friends recently bought a 1991 23' class A motorhome with a Dodge
      360 that to their surprise had a Gear Vendor unit in it.

      > Would it have to be specific for a motorhome or will any Gear
      Vender unit that fits the transmission be of the strength to handle
      the RV load.

      > Tom K
      > Charlotte, NC

      Hopefuly this
      > >> will shake it down some more and if it breaks down again, at
      least im
      > >> close
      > >> to home and i can have my friend pull it home..Once i get back
      to work in
      > >> the next couple of months, i will see what it needs then..If
      worse comes
      > >> worse next year i will pull the motor and go through it again
      and do it
      > >> right, while im at it i might as well put in a overdrive to..
      next year i