      From: Warren
      To: classicrv@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Friday, August 01, 2008 11:42 AM
      Subject: Re: [classicrv] well i been thinking it over

      Lol. Yup, That would do it.

      I use the wifes car when I'm not towing. That improves my fuel economy by
      quite a bit.

      Every option to improve fuel economy has its draw backs and advantages.
      Have to weight the pros and cons to see if it is cost effective. And so far.
      I have determined for me...It isn't cost effective. Especially since my old
      suburban works just fine as it is and I don't have the extra $ laying around
      right now to consider the changes.

      I have considered an Over drive add on tranny versus replacing the tranny
      with one that has an over drive as well as high air flow intake and exhaust
      systems, etc... and have found form my research that I might improve my fuel
      economy by maybe 1 or 2 mpg. (would take me a life time to see the return on
      the cost) I can get better than that by slowing down to 55 mph and that
      doesn't cost me any more than just a bit of driving time and irritates those
      that like to go fast in the slow lane.

      1989 GMC R2500 HD Suburban. (10 mpg city, 11.5 mpg at 70 mph, 14.5 mpg at 55
      mph)
      1953 Airstream Cruiser Travel trailer (The Run Away Sue)
      Western KY