27432RE: [classicrv] parking brake cable.

  • Michael VanPelt
    May 2, 2007
      Agreed. I've lived in Wisconsin (can you say frozen tundra?) all my life &
      used the parking brake all the time - but that's the ticket, use it all the
      time or it will freeze up on you.

      The more I think about it, the more I think that Scott is right. It's
      possible that the worker bumped the brake line, but on a car that old it
      could well be just worn & a little movement (or even the wheels having the
      load taken off) was enough to cause a leak. Even if the brakes were
      serviced a few years ago, if a car sits for an extended period of time,
      things can get stiff & dry out.

      Good luck - it probably will be a bit of a bill if you don't DIY, but it's
      worth it to be safe.

      Mike

      Mike VanPelt

      Director of Bands & Orchestras