25451Re: Converter problem ?

  • Charlie
    Sep 1, 2006
      Okay, good suggestions - heat and capacitor problems. I'll look into
      those. I can see a discolored heated area on a circuit board in the
      converter where two resistors are located. However, the resistors look
      okay (not discolored, etc.) and the only way I know to check them is
      to un-solder them and check the resitance. I'll look for the
      capacitors and see how they look. I don't know how to check
      capacitors, but one that failed on my air conditioner was quite
      discolored at the connections due to the heat. I'll check behind the
      panel as suggested.
      Thanks.

      Charlie
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic