25003Re: [classicrv] Should we fix this classic? Or? HELP!

  • Al Feyen
    Aug 1, 2006
      Well if it was mine, I'd get it fixed.

      In fact, I saw on one of those "Car make over shows," where they retrofitted a '67 Camaro with modern four wheel disk breaks. If they could do that, I think you could find someone who could retrofit your MotorHome with a newer break system, from maybe a truck. I guess that may cost a lot more, but it would be easier to fix in the future, when you wear out the breaks again in ten years. LOL Just my wild ideas.

      awolkoff <awolkoff@...> wrote:
      Hello,

      We purchased our 1973 Grumman MH in 2004. This is one of the few
      Grummans with an International frame and motor. Since that time it
      has traveled many miles, from Arizona to Vermont to places in
      between.

      Yesterday while on the way home from a trip, the right rear brake
      seemed to "lock up." I was very close to home and so was able to
      limp the coach there. Thanks to FMCA Road Service, the coach was
      towed to my trusty mechanic, Thomas Motors in Lino Lakes, MN.

      [[SNIP]]

      Should we bite the bullet and make this repair? Or is this the
      start of the beginning of the end for major mechanical systems? Is
      it time for the Grummy to go to pasture? Help--we're too
      emotionally involved.

      ASW