24763Re: [classicrv] Re: 1985 Itasca Windcruiser

  • gmfoster@gmail.com
    Jul 1, 2006
      Probably the easiest and cheapest way is to replace the whole thing with another
      aftermarket unit or a junkyard pull from a working unit. They used to be available
      everywhere but as factory cruise has become more common they are less
      available.There is at least one new unit on ebay right now.

      Garry

      On 30 Jun 2006 at 13:02, John R. Hill wrote:

      > --- In classicrv@yahoogroups.com, Charles S Osborne <csosborne@...>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > John,
      > >
      > > On my 1985 Itasca Windcruiser there's no 24vdc. Sounds scary.
      > Like
      > > someone may have wires on the wrong lugs in the coach battery
      >
      > I was wrong it was a rating tag on the wiring.
      > All 12 volts and works fine.
      >
      > Still can't get the cruise to work.
      > I read it is a Dana aftermarket control. They are gone, sold to Rosta.
      >
      > Winnebago is so helpful. They sent me the consol and coach wiring
      > diagrams. Only reference to the cruise the the white tach wire on the
      > distributer. Wiring is all over the place. I was looking to put a
      > Audiovox CCs-100 cruise control. I'd rather fix this one.
      >
      > Thanks
      > John Hill

    • Show all 23 messages in this topic