22451Re: [classicrv] A/C conversion from R12 to 134

  • tim
    Oct 1, 2005
      Guess I have had better luck, I have converted several cars over the
      years to R 134 using the $29.00 home conversion kits in all cases it
      worked out fine, not quite as ice cold as the old system but a lot
      better than no airconditioning at all.

      mjwmjf@... wrote:

      > Just my few cents here...
      >
      > I had a 1986 Mercury that was converted to the R-134... Shortly after
      > my compressor froze up.
      >
      > The shop told me it was because the R-134 did not circulate the
      > lubricating oil as well as the R-12 in older systems which caused the
      > freeze up.
      >
      > Is this true?

    • Show all 9 messages in this topic