22448Re: [classicrv] A/C conversion from R12 to 134

  • wb4una@aol.com
    Oct 1 1:53 PM
      In a message dated 10/1/2005 4:49:57 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
      pmahaffy@... writes:

      got the new blower fans on last night and dropped the 1975 Titan off
      at the A/C repair place today. They are going to service it on
      Monday. It needs an evacuation, drier and full charge. They are
      going to convert it to 134. I was hoping they would just keep it a
      R12 system though. Any of you have your classic MH dash air converted
      to 134 and how is it working?

      I have done a few of the conversions and have been real happy with the out
      come. you have to make sure that they put plenty of oil in the system and
      replace the dryer. you will tell some change at a idle but on the road it will
      cool ok. If you can install a extra cooling fan in front of the ac condenser it
      will help out a lot .

      good luck
      Randy

      WB4UNA since 1970