20227Re: 73 dodge wiring schematic

  • skills4lou
    Feb 1, 2005
      Thanks to everyone, especially Bob Crockett who sent a schematic. I
      got it running this morning. Turns out it was a bad fuse holder.
      Apparantly this has shorted before, because the original connection
      had fried, so someone put a little bypass with a fuse in it around
      the connection. That little one fried, so I got a good fuse holder
      and replaced it. All fixed!! Now for the next projects! My new carb
      should be in this weekend, so hopefully I can do that before the
      Superbowl. Thanks again for the help!!!
      --- In classicrv@yahoogroups.com, don rutledge <don3494@y...> wrote:
      > On my 78 Dodge M-500, it also wouldn't start with the key until I
      figgered out that turning the key and hitting the emergency start
      button AT THE SAME time(which would double up the batteries in
      parallel allowed me to get the rig home ok),and enuf time available
      to trouble shoot the problem which was the connections we discussed.
      Regards, don in Chandler.az.

      > Ron Mitchell <rmitchel@f...> wrote:Don,
      > That sounds like a good idea in general. What grease did you
      use and
      > where did you get it. It sounds like the solution to numerous
      minor
      > electrical glitches I've been having in my '76 M-500. Thanks for
      the tip.

      > Ron
      > 1976 Coachmen
      >
      > At 01:02 AM 2/1/05, you wrote:
      > >This may be a shot in the dark, but on my 78 Dodge class A, I had
      the same
      > >problem until I cleaned the group of connectors coming out of the
      fuse
      > >block under the front lift-up dash panel. On mine, this group of
      > >connectors passed out through the bottom of that same dash and
      went their
      > >various ways.I found them to be highly corroded from time and
      cleaned
      > >them, then filled the connectors with electrical grease that
      essentially
      > >took up the air space between the pins so no air could further
      oxidize
      > >them. For me, that fixed the problem.Hope that helps,regards, Don
      in
      > >Chandler,AZ.
      > >
      > >skills4lou <skills4lou@y...> wrote:
      > >Does anyone have a wiring schematic for a 73 dodge class A
      chassis?
      > >My motorhome ran for about 2 minutes this morning then died. Now I
      > >can't get power to anything normally on when the key is on
      (heater,
      > >ignition, starter, wipers, turn signals)
      > >Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!

      Service.

      up/classicrv/

      > > *
      > > *