2004Re: WINTER STORAGE

  • Duane schwarm
    Oct 1, 2000
      -Another method (and RV dealers use this one because it would be too
      time consuming and costly to antifreeze a couple of hundred rigs on
      their lot) is to purchase a blow plug. It looks like a tire stem
      attached to a screw in plug that you attach to your city water
      connection. Then apply air from an air compressor. Now hopefully
      you have low-point drain lines and valves, because you will never
      blow everything out through the faucets and water will still sit in
      the low points. I speak from experience on this one - about $200 to
      replace frozen lines that did not get completely drained.

      Duane

      -- In classicrv@egroups.com, Teresa Holt <tftlh@u...> wrote:
      > We are first-time RV owners (83 Minnie Winnie 24"). I know this
      > question seems pretty basic - and you folks have probably answered
      it
      > many times :-)
      > What is essential in winterizing an RV?
      > We have it under a carport and have power available. We live in
      > Sitka,Alaska. It stays in the 30's most of the winter - sometimes
      > dropping below zero for several weeks, but usually above freezing.
      We
      > purchased one of those boat/camper blowers that is supposed to keep
      > mildew out. We have turned off the propane and emptied the water
      > tanks. What else should we watch out for?
      > If there an information site that could walk us through this?
      >
      > Thanks
      > Teresa and Robert Holt
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic