16101Re: Slide-out Fever - was: Update on Mileage

  • Rich
    Feb 1, 2004
      I think any one of you's should start a slide project on your
      classic. We all can just stand by w/ all the step by step good ideas
      to try should you get into trouble (God forbid)
      I will even donate the first couple steps.

      Step 1
      cut the hole where you want the slide.

      Step 2
      Don't back out now !!! :)))

      RJ

      --- In classicrv@yahoogroups.com, "CRV" <ned.crv@e...> wrote:
      > I've been thinking what my Winnebago needs is a flying bridge--a
      streamlined
      > wall with a nice teak cap rail around the front of the upper deck,
      and maybe
      > a lounge area toward the back. For the driver, a centered console
      with a
      > stainless helm and repeaters for all the instruments and controls,
      maybe a
      > sun dodger to keep the mid-day heat down, and a signal mast to fly
      the
      > cocktail ensign from (or the jolly roger, whatever...).
      >
      > I would probably put a circular stairway up to the flying bridge
      (maybe
      > where the living room swivel chair used to be). Someone else
      would probably
      > just use the ladder on the stern of the motorhome.
      >
      > Not sure what effect the slideout plans would have on this, but
      its gotta be
      > cheaper than buying a motorhome that already has the features I
      want.

      I saw in
      > > > RV Trader last fall, but then i got a bad case of 'slide-out'
      longing,
      > > > and decided the 'Bird just wouldn't be a good upgrade for my
      classic.

      > > Hat to change the subject (HE started it!!!), but has anyone ever
      > > attempted to retro-fit a slide-out in an older (70's - 80's)
      Class A? Just
      > > curious...

      > > --
      > > Roger Phillips