12953Re: [classicrv] Re: Bike Racks

  • nbedinger
    Jul 4 10:54 AM
      It might have to do with your license plate as much as your bike rack. What
      I mean is, the RCMP is on the job, fer sure, but they don't want to make
      vacationers and tourists feel unwelcome by hassling them for mickey-mouse
      sort of legalities.

      How high is your rack anyway? Does it obstruct your line of sight to the
      road??

      If it helps any (if you hadn't thought of this alternative), let me remind
      you that bikes are not much of a hassle to take apart and set up again. I
      can fit my mountain bike on the rear beer carrier of my motorcycle (it gets
      smaller than a truck's spare tire) by taking off the wheels and seat, and
      then lashing everything together with a couple of bungees and tying the
      chain up with a twist tie. Turn the handlebar/fork flush and secure it so
      it doesn't flap around. It takes only about 5 minutes to reassemble and
      adjust everything when I get to the trail. Quick release seat and wheels
      make this possible. Test your brakes before heading off on the
      reconstructed bike.

      BTW Joel, that's Dudley *Doo*right. You're probably thinking of that
      Flying Burrito song "If you want a do-right woman, you gotta be a do-right
      man."

      I saw a 3D-looking cartoon on the tube last night that was pretty
      funny--Sitting Ducks. It was a Duck ("Bill") that had a best friend "Aldo"
      who (improbably) is an Alligator. Funny, I thought, but still not so funny
      that people go around quoting it. I have been saying "Nya ah ah" since the
      Bullwinkle show first ran on Saturday. 8}>

      --Ned