10782RE: [classicrv] re i recently got a 1977 titan by champion need info??? <- converters

  • Joel B. Chappell
    Feb 2 11:17 AM
      Bucky-

      I have a later PD converter [1985] [have full documentation for that as
      well] and the charger is always providing 15 amperes to the coach batteries
      whenever I am on shore power or the Genset is providing AC power. Of course
      when Boonedocking we run on the coach batteries alone. Everything in our
      coach runs off 12V with the exception of the A/C units, the microwave, and
      the TV. The PD circuit is a simple SCR controlled scheme.. Probably yours is
      any early variation. When Boonedocking we make sure the reefer is off
      automatic and running strictly on gas. We run the Genset for about an hour
      in the AM and later for another hour during suppertime. This seems to keep
      the coach batteries up, though we have never dry camped for any longer than
      4 days at a time. We seem to be limited by gray water capacity, not power
      availability :-).

      Joel in NH

      Joel B. Chappell - KC1SG
      21 Billings Street