      From: bobalou1@... [mailto:bobalou1@...]
      Sent: Friday, November 01, 2002 2:49 PM
      To: classicrv@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [classicrv] Re: RED HOT EXAUST MANIFOLD

      A blocked up catalitic convertor or exhaust system will cause this
      condition. But when this is the case performance is poor due to the
      engine not being able to breath.

      I have seen catalitic convertors come apart and the pieces get
      trapped in the muffler causing the same condition. Kinked pipes will
      also create back preassure and heat things up.

      <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .