Can someone (ID) this outdrive & motor??? In my cruiser inc 570 sea camper

  • homeboy745
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 27, 2009
      I have a v6 inboard in my boat with no name or (id) on it, The outdrive & exhust manifolds have a big G with a M at top of G & a W iN the bottom of the G. The boat hase been in a garage for the last 25 years, & always stored inside after it was used. Motor looks tobe from the factory, but I only see outboard's on these boat!!The only (ID) i see on the boat is plate on portside middle (422323). Can anybody help out on this (THANK"S DOUG).. HERE"S SOME PIC"S... http://s256.photobucket.com/albums/hh168/homeboy745/boat/?albumview=slideshow
    • capt chriscraft
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 27, 2009
        your motor is probably a gm 225 cubic inch either a buick or jeep enjine you probably have an omc stern drive parts for both are availabel look on the omc boat site or fiberclassics for more info

        I have a v6 inboard in my boat with no name or (id) on it, The outdrive & exhust manifolds have a big G with a M at top of G & a W iN the bottom of the G. The boat hase been in a garage for the last 25 years, & always stored inside after it was used. Motor looks tobe from the factory, but I only see outboard's on these boat!!The only (ID) i see on the boat is plate on portside middle (422323). Can anybody help out on this (THANK"S DOUG).. HERE"S SOME PIC"S... http://s256. photobucket. com/albums/ hh168/homeboy745 /boat/?albumview =slideshow

      • Span Boats
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 27, 2009
          The engine is a Buick V6 I believe a 231 cid. The drive may be a Interseptor drive and I am not sure who made them But I have a Whitehouse boat that is a cabin crusier with the same set up. Only a 4 cylinder motor. If you can take bigger pics and send them to me I could ID it better.
          Cowboy

          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 27, 2009
            if it is an interceptor drive they were made by eaton which is part of ford the engene if it is a 225 is a buick and if it is a 231 is a jeep which is basicly a buick block

[...]

          • Bob S.
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 28, 2009
              I recall drives with that square shape being made by Eaton as well and the one I remember best was paired to a Ford engine..Early sixty's I believe.  I had a Cruisers Inc. with a factory installed Volvo engine and drive way back when as well.  So they did make them.