Re: [classiccitycycling] Will it Really be Safe?

  • JoeFoxAthens@gmail.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 15, 2011
      Good morning everyone.

      The ride from Winterville at 1:00 pm from Pittard Park is on for today.  We have confirmed with Rik.  We will see you there!

      Joe

      On Fri, Jan 14, 2011 at 9:56 PM, Richard Oswalt <richardoswalt@...> wrote:

      Steve/Mark/Joe/Lennie:

      Because I'm co-leading the NGBB ride Sat. from Winterville,Friday I drove the scheduled route and some other nearby roads (such as to Watson Mill).  Nearly every street had at least one spot where ice COMPLETELY covered it, and nearly every time I came to a place where tall trees formed a sun-blocking wall, there was trouble.  So good luck with the WBL's ride.  By the way, I did come up with an alternate route using just two roads, both out and backs (Arnoldsville Rd to Yancey, Robert Hardeman/Morton to Belmont).  Crappy, but cabin fever should spur a few of us to settle for crappy.

      Be safe, Rik