Re: [classiccitycycling] This week's award goes to . . .

  • Steve Boyette
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 8, 2011
      Well, not that I would even begin to consider myself a badass at this point in time, but I did manage to go mountain biking at heritage park this afternoon.  The wind just never seems to be a factor in the woods.  Of course, I almost killed myself several times and decided to cut it short as it also tends to get darker earlier in the woods.  This was my first excursion to heritage park and I think I can now say that I get what everyone means when they say "it's technical" when compared to fort yargo.

      Kudos to everyone that got out and did something today!

      Steve B.

      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 8, 2011
        I would say that Hertiage is badass in any weather! I tried it a couple of times when I still had my mountain bike, got frustrated, and made up excuses like (1) well, screw it -- I'm just a roadie anyhow; or (2) my hard-tail 29er just wasn't the right tool for the job(?).

        I always liked Yargo better, because I could actually have fun there. Chicopee woods up near Gaineville was fun, too.

        --- In classiccitycycling@yahoogroups.com, Steve Boyette <rcboyette@...> wrote:

        > Well, not that I would even begin to consider myself a badass at this point in
        > time, but I did manage to go mountain biking at heritage park this afternoon.
        > The wind just never seems to be a factor in the woods.  Of course, I almost
        > killed myself several times and decided to cut it short as it also tends to get
        > darker earlier in the woods.  This was my first excursion to heritage park and I
        > think I can now say that I get what everyone means when they say "it's
        > technical" when compared to fort yargo.
        >
        > Kudos to everyone that got out and did something today!
        >
        > Steve B.

      • Steve Boyette
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 8, 2011
          Ha!  My hardtail 29er probably wasn't any more suited than yours.  I did seem to be making a lot of unseemly and unnatural noises and utterances on a regular basis.  I think I need to practice elsewhere a while yet.