Re: [classiccitycycling] Let's ride!!!

  • mry240@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 22, 2010
      I've seen it work both ways on sfs. WBL has a sag to pick you up. We waited on a flat two weeks ago Getting dropped is one thing, a flat or mechanical though can turn into a bad day if you're alone or our of cell service.

      Mark R. Yount

      On Nov 22, 2010, at 11:21 AM, Steve Kogan <smkogan@...> wrote:

      > I thought that on sfss or wbl, if u flat u r on ur own? S
      >
      > On Sunday, November 21, 2010, <mry240@...> wrote:

      >> Damn Len, I had no idea you had a flat or that you even got dropped until we were halfway to the store stop. I usually pass you on hills, with all do respect, so I didn't think anything of it when I passed you right out of the bridge. The pace kind of jumped there too. I apologize for not being more aware. I asked about you at the store stop but no one knew, or I guess would say. If I had known it wouldn't have been the same outcome. It's bad enough when your bike shits on you; you don't need the group doing it too.Want to ride this week? I'm off all week and of course have a bunch of family shit to do but would love to ride. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday. Name a time and place and I'll be there. Let me know!
      >>
      >> Mark R. Yount
      >> On Nov 21, 2010, at 4:47 PM, Len SLote <skeeterabc@...> wrote:

      >> sorry i received this late (rode the SSFSS) but the Nitty Gritty left the court house at 1:00 (always check the nitty gritty site for afternoon rides)
      >> Latter Len
      >> by the way i was real pissed on sats ride flatted coming out of the covered bridge and not one asshole cared - or at least the back half of the pack

    • Len SLote
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 22, 2010
        It just pissed me off after waiting 15 min for that flat two weeks ago (besides that i always stop for mechanicals or to help someone.   Im just ranting Crowe actually apologized because nobody called up.   The hard part was i continued and was within site of the store and saw everybody leaving and just couldnt even dream of catching back on.   ohhh-well

        might not get out this week, might have to fly to Detroit for a funeral (the kids mother - my EX) but i will try
        Len

      • JoeFoxAthens@gmail.com
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 23, 2010
          Good morning everyone!

          Come join us for a pre-Thanksgiving ride from the courthouse at 10:30 am in Watkinsville. For all you Ironmen or tri-athletes, swim in the morning and leave from the Swim Center at 10:15 am to journey over to the courthouse for the 10:30 start. Ride will be about 70 miles with an expected pace of 17 to 18 mph, depending on the wind, number of people, how everyone feels, etc.

          Joe
        • joe_chandra_fox
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 23, 2010
            I forgot the ride is for tomorrow, November 23rd at 10:30...