Re: [classiccitycycling] Saturday Plans?

  • tonyglenn@gmail.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 21, 2010
      That's a full century I'm guessing. Not sure my legs or backside can handle that. I've been off the saddle too much lately.

      If you promise to pull me for the final 50 miles, I'll consider it.

      (he's thinking, "How is that different from usual?")

      Tony

      From: Steve Kogan <smkogan@...>
      Sender: classiccitycycling@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2010 21:26:36 -0400
      To: classiccitycycling (classiccitycycling@yahoogroups.com)<classiccitycycling@yahoogroups.com>; Leonard Slote (slote_len@...)<slote_len@...>; Mark Yount<mry240@...>; Tim Joyce<maxreps@...>; David Spangler<spanglerdog@...>; Jeff Young (b_badger@...)<b_badger@...>
      ReplyTo: classiccitycycling@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [classiccitycycling] Saturday Plans?

      Hey people,

      What is everyone thinking for Saturday? We must celebrate the return of Joe da Fox (aka Superdraft) with much fanfare and spinning. We are on the AGB calendar with a 9:30 take off from Watkinsville.

      One option to consider though, is if anyone is up for a century, they are doing one from Bostwick. As advertised, they say "no drop" and 17mph but I talked to Jim Stradley last Mon and he said that he isn't going to go 17 and wait for everyone, I know several other Bostwick guys aren't going to want to go slow, so I think there will be a group going around our typical pace.

      Otherwise we could choose going to Maxeys (54 miles) or the really excellent route Jeff made up that goes out to Rutledge then Monroe then back (about 60). Of course, I haven't visited my donkey for some time now but it seems people got tired of going out to Madison. We could just follow Lenny and let him surprise us with the distance and when store stops will occur.

      Thoughts? s

      --
      Steve Kogan
      smkogan@...

    • tonyglenn@gmail.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 22, 2010
        Any verdict about tomorrow?

        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 22, 2010
          Well not much of a rousing response to Sat, and now I'm not sure I can ride in the am due to work stuff. I'll probably do a ride in the pm. email me off list if you are interested. stevek

          On Fri, Oct 22, 2010 at 8:45 AM, <tonyglenn@...> wrote:

          Any verdict about tomorrow?

          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 22, 2010

            I’m riding in the morning.  For those who also plan to ride in morning, the AthensGABicycling calendar indicates a 9:30 departure from the Oconee County Courthouse.  Let’s stick to the advertised plan.  See you then.

            Have a beautiful weekend!