tomorrow's ride

    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 17, 2010
      Hey gang, hope folks can make it tomorrow at 8. As we consider a new route to see some new stuff, does anyone know if Old Watson Springs is paved? Watsons Springs is the road we go east on from colham ferry that leads to antioch church. Old watson seems to branch off and head south.

      if it is paved we will probably want to use it on our way to macedonia road.

      Steve Kogan
      smkogan@...
      http://antelopeathens.blogspot.com

    • tonyglenn@gmail.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 17, 2010
        The old road is dirt. It could be fun though. Will put you out on Hwy 15 near the Iron Horse.

        Tony

        From: Steve Kogan <smkogan@...>
        Sender: classiccitycycling@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2010 12:23:35 -0400
        To: classiccitycycling (classiccitycycling@yahoogroups.com)<classiccitycycling@yahoogroups.com>; Leonard Slote (slote_len@...)<slote_len@...>
        ReplyTo: classiccitycycling@yahoogroups.com
        Subject: [classiccitycycling] tomorrow's ride

        Hey gang, hope folks can make it tomorrow at 8. As we consider a new route to see some new stuff, does anyone know if Old Watson Springs is paved? Watsons Springs is the road we go east on from colham ferry that leads to antioch church. Old watson seems to branch off and head south.

        if it is paved we will probably want to use it on our way to macedonia road.

        Steve Kogan
        smkogan@...
        http://antelopeathens.blogspot.com

      • Mike Smith
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 17, 2010
          There really is no easy way to get from Antioch to Macedonia Church Road except by Hwy 15 at the Iron Horse. Colham Ferry turns to C.M. Copelan Rd in Greene Co and you could hang a left on Ward Rd and it will but you out by Curtis Sand Pit at the Oconee River but it is 4 miles of fabulous dirt with sand mixed in and plenty of washboards. Would kind of be like cobblestones I imagine. With the new paving along Hwy 15 the road seems a little wider but tomorrow is game day and it will be a little more dangerous than usual.

          Michael A. Smith
          Your Life's An Adventure, Train For It !!