Is list useful?

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 12, 2010
      Hi everyone,

      Important questions. Do we need this list? Can we use AthensGABicycyling
      facebook instead?
      http://www.facebook.com/pages/Athens-GA/AthensGABicycling/189267673403

      I see people posting their plans for rides but not any responses. this
      may be because, like me, they didn't realize they had to click on the
      word "Fans" in order to see those postings. Maybe people don't know to
      look there to see who is riding. I also wonder if I can emailed when
      someone posts an impormptu ride to the FANS of AGB.

      It seems to me that now we can see who is riding on Wednesdays and other
      days more simply through AGB facebook. We would need to get in the habit
      of checking it out.

      thoughts? s
    • Bruce
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 18, 2010
        I, for one, do think this list is useful. The main difference is it's passive -- you just have to check your email for a post to appear. Yeah, it's not much more work to go on FB and click "Just Fans," but it took me a while to figure that out.

        In the past I've used this list, and probably will again as the weather gets warmer and I start ramping my mileage up. Maybe it could just be consider another tool to keep local cyclists in touch with one another?

        Bruce