RE: [classiccitycycling] still waiting for a report on the Wed. night ride

  • Anthony Glenn
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 10, 2009

      Any bottle thrown at me that contains a golden liquid is NOT something I want to drink!!

      Next time I take my 4x4 out for a drive and happen upon you Harvey, I’ll be sure to spit at you!

      As for a ride report from yesterday……..19 MPH average………and a kick ass KOM battle all the way up Elder Mill Road to where it joins Saxon.  Not sure who won that since I was wheel sucking.  The final sprint was not the usual battle.  Joe was somewhere behind chatting it up and relaxing on this one.  There were five of us that kicked it, with the final charge jumping into high gear at the dry pond on Old Bishop Road.  If the first sign is the victory line, then I took the sprint this week.  If the second sign is the victory line, the honors go to Bill.

      Later,

      Tony

      From: bassx1967@yahoo. com
      Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 13:54:30 -0700

      Ya gotta love the local flavor. I had a guy throw a beer bottle at me a couple of Saturdays ago while riding near Woodville, Ga.

      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 10, 2009

        I’ve noticed an up-tick in the aggressiveness of drivers lately.  Any thoughts why this is?  Return of students?  Return of football?  Deer season is getting closer?

        Makes me want to carry pepper spray for those open driver-side windows.

        To: classiccitycycling@ yahoogroups. com
        From: bassx1967@yahoo. com
        Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 13:54:30 -0700

      • joefoxathens@gmail.com
        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 10, 2009
          Do you think it is the economy?

          From: "Anthony Glenn"
          Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 17:36:32 -0400
          To: <classiccitycycling@yahoogroups.com>

          To: classiccitycycling@ yahoogroups. com
          From: bassx1967@yahoo. com
          Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 13:54:30 -0700

          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 10, 2009
            Congratulations Bill!

            To: classiccitycycling@yahoogroups.com

            To: classiccitycycling@ yahoogroups. com
            From: bassx1967@yahoo. com
            Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 13:54:30 -0700

[...]

            Hotmail® is up to 70% faster. Now good news travels really fast. Try it now.
          • Anthony Glenn
            Message 5 of 10 , Sep 10, 2009

              Nah, that’s too cliché now.     ;-)

              Message 6 of 10 , Sep 10, 2009