Re: Watkinsville Wednesday Base Ride to Begin!

  • Bruce Jacobs
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 31, 2008
      Hey Steve,

      Sounds like a great idea -- I've marked my calendar!

      I have a team of coaches. They live in a hermetically sealed capsule
      that just so happens to fit perfectly inside my cranium. Right now
      they are lazing about on red naugahyde sofas and bunny slippers.
      Every now and then a beverage cart comes around, guided by an expert
      mix-mistress. Then comes a snack tray with dainty pastries served up
      on 10% post-consumer recycled doilies.

      My coaches are chatting idly amongst themselves. I don't think I'm
      supposed to hear them. But sometimes I make out words like "weak"
      or "disappointment." Maybe they are talking about the drinks. Maybe
      not.

      B-dot

      --- In classiccitycycling@yahoogroups.com, "Steve Kogan"
      <smkogan@...> wrote:

      > The days are growing short. My Slavic cycling coach, Itsa
      Duzntmatterusuck
      > tells me to do long easy rides to build my base for next year.
      Since I seem
      > to have to make a living and I don't get paid for riding a bike,
      what to do?
      > If I could just squeeze in one good ride during the week so I'm not
      just
      > riding on the weekends. that could really make a difference.
      Especially if I

      http://winterbikeleague.com/site/

      > Steven M. Kogan, Ph.D.
      >
      > Assistant Research Scientist
      >
      > The Center for Family Research
      >
      > 1095 College Station Rd.
      >
      > Athens, GA 30602
      >
      > (706) 425-2979
      >
      > smkogan@...
      >
      > http://www.cfr.uga.edu

    • nikkitcb
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 1, 2008
        <smkogan@...> wrote:

        > The days are growing short. My Slavic cycling coach, Itsa
        Duzntmatterusuck
        > tells me to do long easy rides to build my base for next year.
        Since I seem
        > to have to make a living and I don't get paid for riding a bike,
        what to do?
        > If I could just squeeze in one good ride during the week so I'm
        not just
        > riding on the weekends. that could really make a difference.
        Especially if I
        > am going to kill myself trying to keep up with the WBL in Dec.
        >

        > Introducing the Watkinsville Wednesday Base Ride.
        >

        > I'd like to do this every week beginning November 12, but I'm not
        sure I can
        > always make it. So let's try and get a first one done.
        >

        > Where: Watkinsville Courthouse
        >
        > When: WEDNESDAY, NOVEMENBER 12. 2PM we roll out
        >
        > What: Bostwick Mansion Half Century, modest pace- 16 mph ave. No
        sprints.

        > Joe Fox is committed- to the ride that it is. Let me know if you
        can come.
        > In the future I will only post to classiccitycycling so if you
        haven't
        > signed on, get on it!
        >

        > First unofficial WBL ride is Nov 22.
        http://winterbikeleague.com/site/