Saturday

  • Bruce Jacobs
    Message 1 of 13 , Jan 23, 2009
      Hello All,

      Regrettably won't be able to make today's ride -- ya'll have fun. I
      gotta run 20. My "threshold test" is passed when I make it back home,
      cross the threshold, and grab a beer on the way to the shower.
      Overeat and lounge around afterward, reeking of Tiger Balm. Maybe
      make it to my desk, attempting to write, but winding up looking at
      other things I really shouldn't be looking at.

      Tomorrow, however, I might be up for an easy spin. 30 or 40 miles. I
      think we're supposed to get some rain in the am but is forecast to
      clear out. I'm thinking 2 or 3pm, somewhere on the Westside. Promise
      I won't be grumpy. Anyone interested?

      Peace!
      Bruce
    • J. Mark Davis
      Message 2 of 13 , Jan 23, 2009
        Hey Bruce,

        I'm definitely interested. Especially in the "easy" part. I haven't been riding much the past couple of weeks.

        Mark

        Message 3 of 13 , Jan 23, 2009
          Bruce

          I am also interested in riding Sat.

          By the way, I'm surprised that you are tired after a 20 minute run....

          Alan

          On Jan 23, 2009, at 9:26 AM, Bruce Jacobs wrot

          Message 4 of 13 , Jan 23, 2009
            --- In classiccitycycling@yahoogroups.com, Alan Bowden <alan@...>
            wrote:

            Okay, why don't we say 2pm at my place. I'm thinking 30-40 at an
            easy pace. What does "easy" mean? It's subjective, really. Limited
            by the weakest member of the pack (the would be me right now).
            Hopefully I won't hold you guys up too bad!

            By the way, showers will probably have passed by then.

            Oh, Alan -- you'll see how feeble I am tomorrow.

            If anyone needs directions let me know. Also, if anyone wants to
            change the time slightly I'm fleximonious.

            Bruce

            > Bruce
            >
            > I am also interested in riding Sat.
            >
            > By the way, I'm surprised that you are tired after a 20 minute
            run....

            > Alan
            >

            > On Jan 23, 2009, at 9:26 AM, Bruce Jacobs wrot
            >

            > > Hello All,
            > >
            > > Regrettably won't be able to make today's ride -- ya'll have fun.
            > > gotta run 20. My "threshold test" is passed when I make it back
            home,
            > > cross the threshold, and grab a beer on the way to the shower.
            > > Overeat and lounge around afterward, reeking of Tiger Balm. Maybe
            > > make it to my desk, attempting to write, but winding up looking at
            > > other things I really shouldn't be looking at.
            > >
            > > Tomorrow, however, I might be up for an easy spin. 30 or 40
            miles. I
            > > think we're supposed to get some rain in the am but is forecast to
            > > clear out. I'm thinking 2 or 3pm, somewhere on the Westside.
            Promise
            > > I won't be grumpy. Anyone interested?
            > >
            > > Peace!
            > > Bruce

          • Bruce Jacobs
            Message 5 of 13 , Jan 23, 2009
              wrote:

              Okay, why don't we say 2pm at my place. I'm thinking 30-40 at an
              easy pace. What does "easy" mean? It's subjective, really. Limited
              by the weakest member of the pack (the would be me right now).
              Hopefully I won't hold you guys up too bad!

              By the way, showers will probably have passed by then.

              Oh, Alan -- you'll see how feeble I am tomorrow.

              If anyone needs directions let me know. Also, if anyone wants to
              change the time slightly I'm fleximonious.

              Bruce

              > Bruce
              >
              > I am also interested in riding Sat.
              >
              > By the way, I'm surprised that you are tired after a 20 minute
              run....

              > Alan
              >

              > On Jan 23, 2009, at 9:26 AM, Bruce Jacobs wrot
              >

              > > Hello All,
              > >
              > > Regrettably won't be able to make today's ride -- ya'll have fun.
              > > gotta run 20. My "threshold test" is passed when I make it back
              home,
              > > cross the threshold, and grab a beer on the way to the shower.
              > > Overeat and lounge around afterward, reeking of Tiger Balm. Maybe
              > > make it to my desk, attempting to write, but winding up looking at
              > > other things I really shouldn't be looking at.
              > >
              > > Tomorrow, however, I might be up for an easy spin. 30 or 40
              miles. I
              > > think we're supposed to get some rain in the am but is forecast to
              > > clear out. I'm thinking 2 or 3pm, somewhere on the Westside.
              Promise
              > > I won't be grumpy. Anyone interested?
              > >
              > > Peace!
              > > Bruce

            • Rachel Cook
              Message 6 of 13 , Jan 23, 2009
                I'll prob. join you guys unless I can convince someone to ride earlier. Can I get directions please?
                Thanks!
                Rachel

                wrote:

                Okay, why don't we say 2pm at my place. I'm thinking 30-40 at an
                easy pace. What does "easy" mean? It's subjective, really. Limited
                by the weakest member of the pack (the would be me right now).
                Hopefully I won't hold you guys up too bad!

                By the way, showers will probably have passed by then.

                Oh, Alan -- you'll see how feeble I am tomorrow.

                If anyone needs directions let me know. Also, if anyone wants to
                change the time slightly I'm fleximonious.

                Bruce

                > Bruce
                >
                > I am also interested in riding Sat.
                >
                > By the way, I'm surprised that you are tired after a 20 minute
                run....

                > Alan
                >

                > On Jan 23, 2009, at 9:26 AM, Bruce Jacobs wrot
                >

                > > Hello All,
                > >
                > > Regrettably won't be able to make today's ride -- ya'll have fun.
                > > gotta run 20. My "threshold test" is passed when I make it back
                home,
                > > cross the threshold, and grab a beer on the way to the shower.
                > > Overeat and lounge around afterward, reeking of Tiger Balm. Maybe
                > > make it to my desk, attempting to write, but winding up looking at
                > > other things I really shouldn't be looking at.
                > >
                > > Tomorrow, however, I might be up for an easy spin. 30 or 40
                miles. I
                > > think we're supposed to get some rain in the am but is forecast to
                > > clear out. I'm thinking 2 or 3pm, somewhere on the Westside.
                Promise
                > > I won't be grumpy. Anyone interested?
                > >
                > > Peace!
                > > Bruce

              • Bruce Jacobs
                Message 7 of 13 , Jan 23, 2009
                  The address is 87 Charter Oak Dr. Athens 30607. Basically, go out
                  Prince Ave./Jefferson Rd. 3 miles past the bypass, to Oak Grove RD.
                  Turn left into the the new-but-made-to-look-old subdivision on the
                  left. Then take your first left by the huge Charleston-style house.
                  A little ways up you'll see a row of townhouses on the left. We're
                  the last unit (the yellow one) on the left. Keep going and you can
                  park around back.

                  Hope to see you all there!
                  Bruce

                  --- In classiccitycycling@yahoogroups.com, Rachel Cook

                  Message 8 of 13 , Jan 23, 2009
                    Bruce
                    You live in a yellow house? Why does that not surprise me?

                    Four of us had a nice 30 miler this afternoon. There were really lovely conditions, except the premature bugs. You know a few things premature, don't you?

                    I put Joe is his rightful place on the sprint. Learning from the master himself earlier this week, I took it to him and dusted his bulldawg socks. I should mention we did a 200 meter sprint earlier and Tony with his new components rocked our worlds. We have renamed him Tony (Usain) Bolt after that.

                    Hope some folks join you in the afternoon. I'm doing a bit of running with the devil (thats me by myself) in honor of David Lee Roth tomorrow. Man they were fools to break up and re-form with Sammy Hagar!
                    harv

                    Visit me at www.positive-outcomes.com

                    To: classiccitycycling@yahoogroups.com
                    From: scarecrow1@...
                    Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 22:24:35 +0000
                    Subject: [classiccitycycling] Re: Saturday

                    <rachel.cook@ ...> wrote:

                    > I'll prob. join you guys unless I can convince someone to ride
                    > earlier. Can I get directions please?
                    > Thanks!
                    > Rachel
                    > On Jan 23, 2009, at 2:01 PM, Bruce Jacobs wrote:
                    >
                    > > --- In classiccitycycling@ yahoogroups. com, Alan Bowden <alan@>
                    > > wrote:
                    > > >
                    > > Okay, why don't we say 2pm at my place. I'm thinking 30-40 at an
                    > > easy pace. What does "easy" mean? It's subjective, really. Limited
                    > > by the weakest member of the pack (the would be me right now).
                    > > Hopefully I won't hold you guys up too bad!
                    > >
                    > > By the way, showers will probably have passed by then.
                    > >
                    > > Oh, Alan -- you'll see how feeble I am tomorrow.
                    > >
                    > > If anyone needs directions let me know. Also, if anyone wants to
                    > > change the time slightly I'm fleximonious.
                    > >
                    > > Bruce
                    > >
                    > > > Bruce
                    > > >
                    > > > I am also interested in riding Sat.
                    > > >
                    > > > By the way, I'm surprised that you are tired after a 20 minute
                    > > run....
                    > > >
                    > > > Alan
                    > > >

                    > > > On Jan 23, 2009, at 9:26 AM, Bruce Jacobs wrot

                    > > home,
                    Maybe

                    > > miles. I
                    > > Promise

                    Windows Live™: E-mail. Chat. Share. Get more ways to connect. See how it works.
                  • Anthony Glenn
                    Message 9 of 13 , Jan 23, 2009
                      Re: [classiccitycycling] Re: Saturday I may join in as well, depending on the weather and how my morning shakes out.

                      Cheers,
                      Tony

                      --- In classiccitycycling@yahoogroups.com <mailto:classiccitycycling%40yahoogroups.com> , Rachel Cook
                      <rachel.cook@...> wrote:

                      > I'll prob. join you guys unless I can convince someone to ride
                      > earlier. Can I get directions please?
                      > Thanks!
                      > Rachel
                      > On Jan 23, 2009, at 2:01 PM, Bruce Jacobs wrote:
                      >
                      > > --- In classiccitycycling@yahoogroups.com <mailto:classiccitycycling%40yahoogroups.com> , Alan Bowden <alan@>
                      > > wrote:
                      > > >
                      > > Okay, why don't we say 2pm at my place. I'm thinking 30-40 at an
                      > > easy pace. What does "easy" mean? It's subjective, really. Limited
                      > > by the weakest member of the pack (the would be me right now).
                      > > Hopefully I won't hold you guys up too bad!
                      > >
                      > > By the way, showers will probably have passed by then.
                      > >
                      > > Oh, Alan -- you'll see how feeble I am tomorrow.
                      > >
                      > > If anyone needs directions let me know. Also, if anyone wants to
                      > > change the time slightly I'm fleximonious.
                      > >
                      > > Bruce
                      > >
                      > > > Bruce
                      > > >
                      > > > I am also interested in riding Sat.
                      > > >
                      > > > By the way, I'm surprised that you are tired after a 20 minute
                      > > run....
                      > > >
                      > > > Alan
                      > > >

                      > > > On Jan 23, 2009, at 9:26 AM, Bruce Jacobs wrot

                      > > home,
                      Maybe

                      > > miles. I
                      > > Promise

                    • Anthony Glenn
                      Message 10 of 13 , Jan 23, 2009
                        Re: [classiccitycycling] Re: Saturday Harvey dusted all of us in that final sprint.  The man has an insanely low heart rate.  I’d hate to see what he could do at max HR.  While I’m redlining my poor blood pump at 186, he’s breezing past all of us at around 150 bpm.  Crazy!

                        Ha!  My components......before it’s over I’ll be slowly replacing my whole drivetrain.  I discovered when I got home that my front derailleur is cracked.  Oh well, that’s life.  It’s not a huge deal at the moment.

                        By the way, I went to see some of the 200 meter races tonight (first event of the pentathlon).  There were some crazy fast sprinters.  Very impressive.

                        Enjoy your time with El Diablo tomorrow Harvey!

                        Cheers,
                        Tony

                        Visit me at www.positive-outcomes.com

                        Notice:  The documents contained within and accompanying this email contain information from Positive Outcomes Psychological Services, P.C., which may be confidential and/or legally privileged, and regardless of the nature of the information therein, the documents are intended only for the use of the individual or entity to whom the documents are addressed.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosures, copying, distribution or the taking of any action in reliance upon the contents of this information is strictly prohibited, and that all contents should be destroyed.  In this regard, if you have received this email in error, please notify me immediately.

                        To: classiccitycycling@yahoogroups.com
                        From: scarecrow1@...
                        Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 22:24:35 +0000

                        Windows Live™: E-mail. Chat. Share. Get more ways to connect.  See how it works. <http://windowslive.com/howitworks?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_t2_allup_howitworks_012009>

                        Message 11 of 13 , Oct 7, 2010
                          Hi everyone,

                          Joe has changed the Saturday morning ride from the courthouse on the AGB website officially to 9:30 so we can sleep in a bit this Saturday. I plan to be there and know Jeff Y and Lenny will be there. Distance? Route? I'm just following Lenny. stevek

                          --
                          Steve Kogan
                          smkogan@...

                        • tonyglenn@gmail.com
                          Message 12 of 13 , Oct 8, 2010
                            I'm planning to ride the Saturday service lead by the right Reverend Slote.

                            From: Steve Kogan <smkogan@...>
                            Sender: classiccitycycling@yahoogroups.com
                            Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2010 19:31:39 -0400
                            To: classiccitycycling (classiccitycycling@yahoogroups.com)<classiccitycycling@yahoogroups.com>; Tim Joyce<maxreps@...>; David Spangler<spanglerdog@...>; Duncan Harden<duncan365@...>; Troy Potts<troypo@...>; Leonard Slote (slote_len@...)<slote_len@...>; Mark Yount<mry240@...>
                            ReplyTo: classiccitycycling@yahoogroups.com

                            Hi everyone,

                            Joe has changed the Saturday morning ride from the courthouse on the AGB website officially to 9:30 so we can sleep in a bit this Saturday. I plan to be there and know Jeff Y and Lenny will be there. Distance? Route? I'm just following Lenny. stevek

                            --
                            Steve Kogan
                            smkogan@...
                            http://antelopeathens.blogspot.com

                          • Jeff Young
                            Message 13 of 13 , Dec 2, 2010
                              Looking forward to seeing all brave antelopes at the first official WBL ride this Saturday.

                              Jeff