715Re: [classiccitycycling] Re: This week's award goes to . . .

  • Steve Boyette
    Jan 8, 2011
      Ha!  My hardtail 29er probably wasn't any more suited than yours.  I did seem to be making a lot of unseemly and unnatural noises and utterances on a regular basis.  I think I need to practice elsewhere a while yet.

      From: "scarecrow1@..." <scarecrow1@...>
      To: classiccitycycling@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Sat, January 8, 2011 9:05:14 PM
      Subject: [classiccitycycling] Re: This week's award goes to . . .

      I would say that Hertiage is badass in any weather! I tried it a couple of times when I still had my mountain bike, got frustrated, and made up excuses like (1) well, screw it -- I'm just a roadie anyhow; or (2) my hard-tail 29er just wasn't the right tool for the job(?).

      I always liked Yargo better, because I could actually have fun there. Chicopee woods up near Gaineville was fun, too.

      --- In classiccitycycling@yahoogroups.com, Steve Boyette <rcboyette@...> wrote:

      > Well, not that I would even begin to consider myself a badass at this point in
      > time, but I did manage to go mountain biking at heritage park this afternoon.
      > The wind just never seems to be a factor in the woods.  Of course, I almost
      > killed myself several times and decided to cut it short as it also tends to get
      > darker earlier in the woods.  This was my first excursion to heritage park and I
      > think I can now say that I get what everyone means when they say "it's
      > technical" when compared to fort yargo.
      >
      > Kudos to everyone that got out and did something today!
      >
      > Steve B.

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic