Re: [Cadillac] Re: 59 Cadillac Persistent Oil Leaks

  • redcad59
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 10, 2013
      As a matter of fact, I actually hand-rebuilt my own '59 Hydra, so I do recall
      the rubber seals mentioned. Since they are INTERNAL, they are unlikely to
      cause an external leak, but since they are made of rubber, and potentially degradable, they could
      certainly warrant periodic replacement. I had 3 Hydras at my disposal from which to select the best
      parts, so I made sure those guys were in good shape. I will be glad to post pics if desired.