29278Re: [Cadillac] 1959 voltage regulator insanity

  • redcad59
    May 28 3:35 PM
      You're mostly correct about the 'blue' Field Wire ('F').
      The blue wire proper is completely removed - extraneous to the new ALT setup.
      *However,* it's function still exists INTERNALLY in the new ALT as part of the
      internal regulator. SO, just imagine that the 'blue' wire has been moved INSIDE with the newer
      ALT electrics, and then you should feel better about removing the old one.
      (The internal 'F' wiring is really there, only it's evolved!)
      (ditto for the 'black' ground-wire)