Hi Classic Gamers out there...

  • George J. Seijas
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 23, 2000
      Anyone know if the Trakball Controller fot the Atari 5200 is compatible with the two port 5200 or does it work on both 2 & 4 port 5200s?
      Thanks

      Geo-Tronics
      http://www.bigfoot.com/~skywalker2000
      ICQ = 650147
      AIM = sky2086
      iChat Pager = skywalker2000
      MSN = solymar2000
    • David Newman
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 24, 2000
        I believe it works with all models of 5200.

        "George J. Seijas" wrote:

        > Anyone know if the Trakball Controller fot the Atari 5200 is compatible with
        > the two port 5200 or does it work on both 2 & 4 port 5200s?Thanks

        Do you like video games?
        Check out http://www.phillyclassic.com
        PhillyClassic - The East Coast Classic Gamer's Event
        April 20-21, 2001 Philadelphia
      • Bob Ayik
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 25, 2000
          I see you got your answer to the trackball
          compatibility.

          Here's some more info. concerning 2 and 4 port Atari
          5200 units.

          There are only 2 "compatibility" issues.

          1) The game Pitfall only works on 4 port units
          (and does not work on 2 port units.) (Pitfall II works
          fine on both units.)
          2) The VCS adaptor (to let you play 2600 games on
          your 5200) only works on 2 port units. (I have read
          that the adaptor would be damaged if you try to use it
          on a 4 port unit but I have never experimented so I
          don't know if that is correct.)(I have also read that
          4 port units with an "*" in the serial # also will run
          the VCS adaptor, but those units are supposedly rare.)

          Also, the 4 port units have a unique switchbox. The
          power cord plugs into that switchbox (unlike the 2
          port units where it plugs into the unit). Thus, you
          need the special switchbox to utilize a 4 port unit.
          (If you don't have one they are really easy and cheap
          [about $6] to build. Plans are found at 5200 FAX that
          I know is maintained at the Atari Gaming Headquarters
          [Atarihq.com]).

          Otherwise the 2 and 4 port units are functionally the
          same. Other cartridges and other accessories work
          identically on both. I note the only 4 player game
          that comes to mind is SuperBreakout. There may be 1
          or 2 other 4 player games but they don't come to mind
          immediatley.

          Enjoy your 5200 collecting.

          --- "George J. Seijas" <skywalker2000@...>
          wrote:
          > Anyone know if the Trakball Controller fot the Atari
          > 5200 is compatible with the two port 5200 or does it
          > work on both 2 & 4 port 5200s?
          > Thanks
          >

          > Geo-Tronics
          > http://www.bigfoot.com/~skywalker2000
          > ICQ = 650147
          > AIM = sky2086
          > iChat Pager = skywalker2000
          > MSN = solymar2000
          > > BEGIN:VCARD
          > VERSION:2.1
          > N:Seijas;George;Jamie
          > FN:Skywalker
          > NICKNAME:Skywalker
          > ORG:Geo-Tronics
          > NOTE;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:I am currently in
          > running to organizations. Geo-Tronics and Daytona
          > Beach Sp=
          > acial Anomaly Research Team.=0D=0A=0D=0AGeo-Tronics
          > is a software provider a=
          > nd more.=0D=0A=0D=0ADaytona Beach Spacial Anomaly
          > Research Team is reasearch=
          > in all space events.
          > TEL;WORK;VOICE:904-255-8725
          > TEL;HOME;VOICE:904-255-8725
          > TEL;CELL;VOICE:904-290-4292
          > TEL;PAGER;VOICE:N/A
          > TEL;WORK;FAX:904-255-8725
          > TEL;HOME;FAX:904-255-8725

          ADR;WORK;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:;904-255-8725;1025
          > South Beach St.=0D=0AApt# 136;Daytona
          > Beach;Florida;32114=
          > ;United States

          LABEL;WORK;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:904-255-8725=0D=0A1025

          http://im.yahoo.com/