[classic_gamers] POLL: Best Classic System

  • jdwatson@worldnet.att.net
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 5, 2000
      What do you think is the best system of all time?
      ----

      Please select one of the following:

      o Atari 2600
      o Atari 5200
      o Atari 7800
      o Intellivision
      o Vectrex
      o Colecovision
      o Odyssey II
      o NES

      by going to the following Web form:

      http://www.egroups.com/vote?id=947091182794&listname=classic_gamers

      Thank you!
    • ALAN S BROWN
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 15, 2000
        NES
        Click here for Free Video!!
        http://www.gohip.com/freevideo/

        > What do you think is the best system of all time?
        > ----
        >
        > Please select one of the following:
        >
        > o Atari 2600
        > o Atari 5200
        > o Atari 7800
        > o Intellivision
        > o Vectrex
        > o Colecovision
        > o Odyssey II
        > o NES
        >

        > by going to the following Web form:
        >
        > http://www.egroups.com/vote?id=947091182794&listname=classic_gamers
        >
        > Thank you!

        > FreeLotto.com is the only internet site to offer three free chances
        > a day to win $1,000,000.00. We've already had two $1,000,000.00
        > jackpot winners and thousands of other cash prizes. You could be
        > a $1,000,000.00 winner tonight!

        > -- http://www.egroups.com/VoiceChatPage?listName=classic_gamers&m=1

      • Charles Hornat
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 25, 2000
          i know a lot about it and I think the 5200 was better.

          :)

          http://im.yahoo.com
        • MANYCKRETS@aol.com
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 25, 2000
            The 2600 Kicks Ass Period! The True Vintage Gaming Phenom of all Time! Los
            Angeles Ca, David M. or 2manyckrets on ebay. The 5200 kicks some butt too,
            especially with a 5200 Multi-Cart, which I have, yes I do. Can some one
            please tell me if I am the only one. I cant get enough of Missle Command!
            After so many years I am still addicted to this Cold War Classic. I often
            pretend I am Ronald Reagan & the Russians have agreed upon "Mutual Assured
            Destruction" How often did I wake up in a cold sweat, dreaming of a Nuclear
            Air Burst over L.A.! Only to be calmed down by a simple game of Missle
            Command! Take that Gorbachev! Ahhhh The 80's! Who Remembers the 80's....It
            was a simpler time back then.....It is because of such games & Red paranoia
            that I am now a International Relations & U.S. Foreign Policy Major @ UCLA!
            Go Figure....
          • Mark

              > What do you think is the best system of all time?
              > ----
              >
              > Please select one of the following:
              >
              >    o Atari 2600
              >    o Atari 5200
              >    o Atari 7800
              >    o Intellivision
              >    o Vectrex
              >    o Colecovision
              >    o Odyssey II
              >    o NES
              >

              > by going to the following Web form:
              >
              >    http://www.egroups.com/vote?id=947091182794&listname=classic_gamers
              >
              > Thank you!

              > FreeLotto.com is the only internet site to offer three free chances
              > a day to win $1,000,000.00. We've already had two $1,000,000.00
              > jackpot winners and thousands of other cash prizes.  You could be
              > a $1,000,000.00 winner tonight!

              > -- http://www.egroups.com/VoiceChatPage?listName=classic_gamers&m=1

              -- http://www.egroups.com/cal?listname=classic_gamers&m=1

            • Joel Park
              Message 6 of 8 , Jan 26, 2000
                I have to agree, the 2600 is the best of all time.
                I can't really say all the games were true classics (Sorcerer by Mithicon
                for example) but the system was none the less.
                What can be cooler than a system in woodgrain??

                I do love the 7800 too, as far as the 5200 goes, I can't say I've had much
                experience with it.

                Joel D. Park
                www.cyberspaceport.com\atari2600

              • Charles Hornat
                Message 7 of 8 , Jan 26, 2000
                  yo man, your buggin.

                  But the eighties ruled. T&A movies, Rock music, Video Games that did not have endings!!! What
                  more could you ask for!!!

                  --- MANYCKRETS@... wrote:

                  > The 2600 Kicks Ass Period! The True Vintage Gaming Phenom of all Time! Los
                  > Angeles Ca, David M. or 2manyckrets on ebay. The 5200 kicks some butt too,
                  > especially with a 5200 Multi-Cart, which I have, yes I do. Can some one
                  > please tell me if I am the only one. I cant get enough of Missle Command!
                  > After so many years I am still addicted to this Cold War Classic. I often
                  > pretend I am Ronald Reagan & the Russians have agreed upon "Mutual Assured
                  > Destruction" How often did I wake up in a cold sweat, dreaming of a Nuclear
                  > Air Burst over L.A.! Only to be calmed down by a simple game of Missle
                  > Command! Take that Gorbachev! Ahhhh The 80's! Who Remembers the 80's....It
                  > was a simpler time back then.....It is because of such games & Red paranoia
                  > that I am now a International Relations & U.S. Foreign Policy Major @ UCLA!
                  > Go Figure....

                  > For the fastest and easiest way to backup your files and, access them from
                  > anywhere. Try @backup Free for 30 days. Click here for a chance to win a
                  > digital camera.

                  > -- http://www.egroups.com/docvault/classic_gamers/?m=1

                  http://im.yahoo.com
                • Brett Walach
                  Message 8 of 8 , Feb 3 11:00 PM
                    >What do you think is the best system of all time?

                    > o Vectrex

                    DING DING DING!!!! WINNER!

                    The Vectrex Is The C O O L E S T ! Video Game Console EVER!

                    It's really in a class of it's own though given it's one-of-a-kind vector
                    graphics and built-in monitor for true home arcade play.

                    Sincerely,
                    Brett Walach

                    p.s. I'm kind of partial though...(see below)