Re: Where do I search next? MO.

  • carlw4514
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 2, 2002
      I can't help you with your quest but I have to say I had no idea
      such a website existed! thanks so much for sharing
      carl

      http://www.itd.nps.gov/cwss/soldiers.htm
    • tonybro.geo
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 3, 2002
        Have you tried posting your question on these two message boards?

        http://www.missouridivision-scv.org/messageboard14/

        and
        http://history-sites.com/cgi-bin/boards/arcwmb/

        There is also a Texas Message Board, but I do not have the details to
        hand.
        The sites I mention have some real experts participating. If
        they cannot answer themselves, they might point you to someone who
        can.
        Good luck,
        Tony Brown

        --- In civilwarwest@y..., "Jack Hultquist" <jahultqu@a...> wrote:
        > March 25, 1862 a skirmish occurred close to the Missouri River, NE
        of Pisgah, MO. One dead Confederate was J. M. Willis. He had a
        sister, Emma Willis Smith, and they had a mutual preacher friend with
        the initials W. T. W. I do not know the county or state that Emma,
        W.
        T. W., or J. M. were from. I have found at
        http://www.itd.nps.gov/cwss/soldiers.htm a J. M. Willis of the 3rd
        Regiment, Texas Cavalry (South Kansas-Texas Mounted Volunteers).
        That
        Texas unit fought at Wilson's Creek MO in August 1861.