Re: [civilwarwest] Ask Cozzens a Question, Win B&L5!

  • L. A. Chambliss
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 1, 2002
      Hi Pat,

      Sorry, I guess I was not clear in my last post. The interview will be "online" in the sense that we are doing it by email. Peter Cozzens, although best known to all of us as a Civil War writer, is in his "day job" employed by the US Foreign Service and stationed most of the time overseas. This makes face to face interview difficult due to shortfalls in the CWI travel budget. Alas, if we could do it in a chat room we wouldn't have to do the "best questions" contest because everybody could just ask what they wanted to in realtime.  Maybe someday.

      We'll send him the questions; he'll send back the answers; we'll publish the interview. Or something like that, heck, we've never done anything quite like this so we're making it up as we go along. :-)

      Laurie

      Hi Laurie, Sounds great. :)  Now tell me how is this going to work online?  I checked the page and see nothing detailing how this interview will proceed.  By online I'm assuming you mean live chat?  Where?  You and Joe have some chatroom of which I'm unaware?  ;) Best regards. Pat

        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 1, 2002
          Oh, okay.  I thought it might work like some chats on CompuServe when they've interviewed authors.  Very well moderated IMO.  Questions are submitted one at a time, some obviously given to the author before.  I've been impressed with the format for author discussions there.

          Looking forward to this interview experience with Cozzens.   Thanks for your efforts (also those of the Beastly Editor).  ;)